Written By: MIM!—Learn more about Inna Modja as the singer/songwriter completes 10 sentences that reveal more about her Soul. Substance. Style.
1. My first job … was as a model at 17 years.
2. I knew my career in music and me were meant to be when … I was 14 years (when I started writing & composing) I always believed that one day I’ll make it. So I worked hard for that.
3. My mom taught me … to always keep my head up, to be proud and not arrogant.
4. The things I value most in life are … generosity, being humble and grateful.
5. Being passionate about Africa is all about being … proud of where I come from, embracing my culture.
6. My real life heroes are … my dad, my two brothers and my beloved boyfriend.
7. I am living … my dream life right now. I can write, compose and sing. I love performing so I’m the happiest woman with that. I have health and a life I adore with simple values.
8. Beauty is … when the inner beauty shines out! A gorgeous smile.
9. I don’t like taking fashion advice. I like making my own rules because what suits others won’t always suit me.
10. Being an African woman means … being fierce and graceful.
For more about Inna Modja, read the Winter 2011 issue of MIMI (“Love Africa, Always”).
(Photo Credits: © Mario Epanya Photography)